I often forget about chicken wings. How good they are, how easy they are to prepare, and how delicious they can be. But enough is enough! Chicken wings are a cheap choice, and can be ultra delicious. This recipe features Twisted 7 Asian spice blend, loaded with fennel, star anise, and Vietnamese cinnamon. Delicious on roasted veggies, stir fry, and -you guessed it- chicken wings. Make ahead to to allow the wings to marinade, pop them in the oven, and you're done!
- 1/s cup honey, warmed
- 16 chicken drumsticks (skin on or removed as you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon Twisted 7 Asian spice blend
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (I used sodium reduced)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- green onions, chopped, for garnish
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Combine all ingredients except drumsticks & sesame seeds. Marinate chicken for 2 hours.
Remove chicken from marinade and reserve the marinade for basting. Place chicken in a single layer in a casserole dish lined with parchment paper; baste with reserved marinade and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Bake for 40 minutes, basting again after 20 minutes. Garnish with green onion and enjoy!