This delicious dish is easy to make, easy to adapt to the ingredients you have on hand, and will make you look like a rock star. It's gluten free, grain free, sugar free and keto friendly at only 2.3g of carbs per serving! If you have a bunch of New Years Resolutions you're trying to keep, this will help you stay on the straight and narrow, without sacrificing anything at all. Ready in under 30 minutes, you'll be able to whip it together and throw it in the oven before your resolve slips and you reach for the sugar pops!
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup 10% cream
- 1 tbsp Twisted Gourmet Yukon Wild Morel seasoning
- 3-4 dried morel mushrooms, rehydrated - save the rehydration water for another use- don't waste it, it's pure gold! (If you don't have morels, use any other favourite mushroom - shiitake or oysters would be good too.)
- 4 slices back bacon or smoked ham
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- handful fresh basil leaves (local and fresh from my Solvest cropbox), sliced
- 1 ripe roma tomato
Preheat oven to 350 celsius F. Prepare a cake pan - grease bottom and sides with a small amount of coconut oil.
Pour a bit of hot or boiling water over dried morels to rehydrate, and let sit for roughly 5 minutes. Remove from water, squeeze out excess water and slice.
Crack 8 eggs into a medium sized bowl. Whisk together with cream and Twisted Gourmet Yukon Wild Morel seasoning. Set aside while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
Chop ham or back bacon into bite sized pieces and place in bottom of baking dish.
Prepare roma tomatoes by slicing in half and removing seeds, squeezing to remove excess moisture. Cut into small chunks and layer over the meat in the pan. Add the sliced mushrooms evenly to the pan.
Sprinkle cheddar and basil over the ingredients in the pan, and pour egg mixture overtop.
Place in pre-heated oven for 25 minutes, or until set and firm on top. A knife inserted should come out clean.
If you want to keep this for quick breakfasts later in the week, place individual slices in quick grab and go containers, and warm in the microwave for 30 seconds to enjoy!